Why Join Letterkenny Credit Union?
We are here for YOU
Letterkenny Credit Union is owned by its members, for the benefit of its members. We have been part of the local community for over 50 years now.
We are NOT for profit
LKCU is not just another bank or financial institution. We exist for people, not for profit. Everything we do is in the best interest of OUR members.
We offer great value loan rates
We offer loans from as little as 5% APR, which makes us one of the most competitive in the market.
Quality Service & No Fees
You can be assured of a professional service from Letterkenny Credit Union at all times. And there are no transaction fees or hidden charges.
We are open Monday to Saturday, including lunchtime. We are also contactable by telephone, email and social media.
Beat the Queues
We know that your time is precious and that sometimes you just don’t have the time to make a trip to the Credit Union. In response to this we have many services which will enable you to make convenient and speedy transactions.
Online Banking & Mobile App
You can access your accounts wherever you have an Internet connection, whether it’s your home PC or mobile device.
Free Life Savings Insurance
Savings are insured at no direct cost to each eligible member. The insurance is paid in addition to the savings you hold at the time of your death.
Members may nominate a person or persons to become entitled, at his/her death, to their savings, subject to a maximum of €23,000. Members who wish to complete a nomination form or amend their current one may do so at any time in the Credit Union office.
Your savings are fully secure. They are protected by the Irish Government’s Deposit Guarantee Scheme (up to a maximum of €100,000). There’s also the Irish League of Credit Unions’ Saving Protection Scheme and our fidelity bond.
We’re here to help
Everything we do is in the best interests of those who save and borrow with us. We have been part of the local community for over 50 years. We are owned by our members, for the benefit of our members. We’re here to help them at every stage of their lives.
The thing which makes us different to other financial institutions is the close relationship we enjoy with the community in which we’re based and of which we’re a part. It is this closeness with our members that keeps us connected, that makes us who we are
Why Save With Us?
There are many reasons to save with Letterkenny Credit Union. Here are just a few:
- Whether you are saving for something in the future or just a ‘rainy day’, regular saving is always a good idea.
- With us, you are not just a customer; you are an active member of a community organisation and highly successful financial cooperative.
- You can rest assured that your savings are safe and secure, earning a dividend and helping the community.
- Members enjoy equal rights to vote (one member, one vote) and participate in decisions affecting the credit union.
- If we declare a dividend at the end of the financial year, each share you hold for that year is eligible for a dividend. The more shares you hold, the greater the dividend you receive.
- You have the added bonus of knowing that your savings are being used to make loans for other members.
- There are no transaction charges on saving (or loan) accounts.
- Savings are insured at no direct cost to eligible members.
- If you intend to borrow in the future, your savings will be taken into account. When you are in the habit of saving regularly, you will find paying back a loan easy.