Mortgage 3.75% (3.81% typical APR)
For Home Purchase, Self-Build, Home Improvements or Switching Mortgage
Why Choose a Letterkenny Credit Union Mortgage?
- Personalised service from a local and friendly credit union you can trust
- Keep all your borrowing in one place so we can manage all your credit needs
- We will provide you with additional life cover for your Mortgage at no additional cost, we advise that you seek independent advice on life assurance cover to suit your personal circumstances.
- Flexibility to repay your mortgage early without any penalties or early repayment charges.
- There are no hidden fees or transaction charges
- Borrow between €40,000 and €600,000
The Credit Union will consider home loans for the following purposes:
- First-time buyers and non-first-time buyers purchasing a new PPR.
- Applicants seeking to refinance their home loan that is currently provided by another lender.
- Applicants wishing to release equity from their home (for the purpose of home improvements).
- Top-up loans for home improvements.
- Consolidation of an existing home improvement loan, where there is evidence that the loan was utilised for home improvement, through invoices / receipts.
- For self-build properties stage drawdown loans are available
- Policy exclusions apply
- Applications are open to members of Letterkenny Credit Union; you must be live or work within our common bond to become a member.
- Applicants must be 70 years or younger at the end of the mortgage term
- All applicants whose income is identified as the source of repayment have been in permanent employment for a period of greater than 6 months or where self-employed for at least 3 years
- In the case of a Self-Build, the applicants must employ a qualified engineer/architect to oversee the entire building programme
- The currency of the applicant’s primary income must be in Euro
- Minimum Loan €40,000
- Maximum Loan €600,000
- Maximum Loan to Value (LTV) 90%
- Minimum Term 5 years
- Maximum Term 35 years
- Professional Valuation on the property required (Letterkenny Credit Union will pay the valuation fee)
- First Legal Charge in favour of Letterkenny Credit Union on the property required
- Letterkenny Credit Union interest noted on Fire insurance cover on property
- Assigned mortgage protection policy covering the full amount and term of the loan**
- The property must be for residential purposes only and for use as the applicant’s principal private residence
- Property in Republic of Ireland only
- For a Home in Joint names, Mortgage must be in Joint names
- Lending Terms and Conditions apply
**Required where full loan protection insurance not available
Documents for Download
Mortgage Team Contact Details
Direct Call: 074 91 02127
|Standard Loan Amount||Term||240 monthly Repayments||Total Amount repayable|
|€200,000||20 years||€ 1,185.78||€284,549.77|
Representative example correct as at 25.01.2022
Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your credit agreement, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.
Warning: Your home is at risk if you do not keep up payments on a Mortgage Loan or any other Loan secured on it.
Warning: The payment rates on this Mortgage Loan may be adjusted by the Credit Union from time to time.
Warning: The cost of your monthly repayments may increase.
Warning: This new loan may take longer to pay off than your previous loans. This means you may pay more than if you paid over a shorter term.