LETTERKENNY CREDIT UNION
is now inviting applications for the following position
Risk & Compliance Support Officer – Ref LKCU R&C Support Officer
Full-time – permanent contract
Letterkenny Credit Union is a progressive ethical financial services provider with over 22,000 members and it makes a very real contribution to social and economic life in Donegal. We are proud to be one of the larger community credit unions in Ireland, with assets of over €100million, providing an ever-expanding range of savings and loan products including personal loans and now offering current accounts and mortgages.
Summary of the Role: The purpose of this position is to support the Credit Union Risk, Compliance and Anti Money Laundering work plans with the objective of assisting the Credit Union in fulfilling its regulatory requirements. The successful candidate will report directly to the Risk & Compliance Officer. The role will be suitable for a candidate who is seeking experience in a wide range of risk and compliance areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Risk Management Officer in completing the Risk Management Programme and monthly tasks.
- Support the Compliance Officer in completing the Compliance Plan and monthly testing.
- Support the Anti Money Laundering work plan and monitoring programme.
- Support Customer Due Diligence (CDD) remediation and review processes.
- Support the Data Protection and GDPR compliance programme.
- Assist in safeguarding the credit union, its members, reputation, assets, and the interests of stakeholders by identifying, assessing, and managing potential threats to the achievement of its business objectives.
- Assist in the provision of support, education, and training to officers to build risk awareness within the Credit Union.
- To ensure adequate records are kept and maintained .
- Support Risk and Compliance projects as they arise.
The successful candidate should have:
- Level 7 degree or equivalent qualification relevant to role.
- Experience in financial services will be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- ICT literacy and high proficiency in Microsoft Applications.
- Proven ability to work off own initiative to deliver agreed targets.
Experience in the credit union sector is desirable but not essential. Relevant financial services experience would include working in a Compliance or Risk Management role in a Credit Union, bank, building society, finance company, insurance company, life assurance / pensions companies, intermediary or other entity regulated by the Central Bank .
Work remotely: No
Applicants should clearly state the position they are applying for by quoting the reference: Ref LKCU R&C Support Officer
Applications including CV can be postal (FAO:Recruitment Officer) or by email addressed to Info@letterkennycu.ie
Closing Date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Monday 13th February 2023
Short listing may apply and assessment will be done on the basis of the information provided in the application
You can find our Recruitment Privacy notice HERE
Letterkenny Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Letterkenny Credit Union Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.