HomeUnion 50 Insurance - ”The Credit Union offer a range of services to our members”
Welcome to a completely new kind of home Insurance. From arranging cover to making a claim, Home Union Options has been specially designed to make life easy for you.
And to prove this point there are just 3 simple steps to take:
Buildings: determine your building replacement value making provision for professional and site clearance fees.
(The maximum insured is € 650,000 and the minimum is € 120,000)
You can cover your contents for either 50% or 25% of the value of your premises.
(The maximum insured is € 127,000 and the minimum is € 30,000)
Optional cover: you can cover all your personal property requirements in one simple policy by selecting from our extensive range of optional covers which include all risks (specified / unspecified), caravans/mobile homes, small pleasure craft, home, office and guesthouse.
A Short Summary of Events Covered
- Fire, explosion, lightning, earthquake
- Storm / flood
- Freezing, Escape or Overflow of water or oil
- Impact by aircraft or vehicle
- Riot, civil commotion and malicious damage
- Theft or attempted theft
- Accidental damage to TV, audio/video and computer
- Falling trees, radio/TV masts or aerials
- Breakage of glass / sanitary fittings
- Legal liability in respect of domestic employees
- Legal liabilities arising from ownership and occupancy of your home
- Compensation of € 3,174 for fatal injury to the insured and/or spouse resulting from fire/assault or accident at the premises
- Door locks replacement following break-in or assault
- Food in deep freezers
- Contents sum automatically increased by 10% for the months of December and January
- Contents sum insured increased by 10% for one month before and after the wedding day of you or a member of your family.
Details of special Discounts of up to 40% for the following. (Please note Discounts apply to Buildings, contents and All Risks)
|Age over 50||10%|
|Age over 60||15%|
|Neighbourhood Watch, Community alert, Smoke Detector||5%|
|€317 Voluntary Excess||5%|
|€634 Voluntary Excess||10%|
To qualify for cover The private house must:
- Be the principal residence
- Must date from 1900 – except where specifically agreed.
- Be occupied for residential purposes only and/or where not more than 6 paying guests (at any one time) are kept in the private house
- Be of standard construction -Constructed of Brick, stone or concrete and roofed substantially (at least 70%) with slates, tiles, metal, concrete or asphalt.
- Be in good repair and so maintained
- Not be in an area with a history of flooding or subsidence
The proposer or member of his/her household must not be:
- Have been declared bankrupt of convicted or charged with arson or any offence involved dishonesty of any kind
- Have had any insurance declined or made subject to special terms
- Have had more than one claim in the past three years exceeding €3,810 for loss, damage or liability under home insurance policy.